Notes for OmniSecure Alpha 2
- Refined SSL functionality
- Removed ~stats page
- Changed default MIME type to application/octet-stream
Notes for OmniSecure Alpha 1
- Basic SSL functionality added
- Removed dynamic IP support
- Bundles PHP version 4.3.4
OmniSecure is built on top of the
OmniHTTPd Professional code base.
Notes for Professional Version 2.10
- Bundles PHP version 4.2.2
- Buffer overflow security fix
Notes for Professional Version 2.09
- Bundles PHP version 4.0.6
- Fixes missing HTTP_HOST incompatibility with Delphi ISAPI applications
- Fixes unauthorized source viewing exploit
Notes for Professional Version 2.08
- Bundles PHP version 4.0.4pl1 (includes MySQL support)
- Added calls to CoInitialize to fix problems with Delphi ISAPI applications
that use ADO
- Fixes a number of security exploit and stability issues
Notes for Professional Version 2.07
- Bundles PHP version 4.0.1pl2 (includes MySQL support)
- Sorting of auto-indexes by clicking on headers
- Fixes ColdFusion & Delphi ISAPI POST problem
- Fixes dot-appending vulnerability
Notes for Professional Version 2.06
- Received permission to bundle PHP4
- Fixed PATH_INFO mangling and added option to override
- Reduced CPU usage under service mode
- Now sets CPU priority by process rather than by thread
- Logs correct byte lengths for partial transfers
- No longer filters special CGI headers, allowing multiple Set-Cookie headers
- Admin program now works with older COMCTL32.DLL
- Scripts as default files now work (i.e. index.php)
Notes for Professional Version 2.05
- Ported to Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
- Moved administration to separate executable
- Fixed some ISAPI incompabilities
- Added PHP4 support
Notes for Professional Version 2.04
- Added backup and restore capabilities to the configuration module.
- Fixed the ALL_HTTP response in ISAPI module to return the correct
- Fixed masquerade to install the latest version of Chili!ASP.
- Added Copy and Delete functions for the virtual server configurations.
- Dynamic IP users can update each virtual IP selectively.
Notes for Professional Version 2.03
- Added first version of Website masquerade to assist in
installing web extensions such as Chili!ASP.
Notes for Professional Version 2.02
- Revamped ISAPI module. Should work with
more software, such as ColdFusion.
- Modified default configurations to include
settings for ChiliASP, ColdFusion and Perl ISAPI
Notes for Professional Version 2.01a
- Added Resume/Partial Content Range Retrieval
(single segment only). Works with GetRight.
- Added error message if the error template
could not be found.
Notes for Professional Version 2.01
- Patched up two security weaknesses
- Fixed multiple index list bug
- Added scroll bars to console
- Added DOCUMENT_URI variable into the
environment for scripts launched with an SSI
Notes for Professional Beta 1
- Began revisions for console design
- Added Dynamic IP registration support with
- Added ISAPI extension support
- Added multiple index support
- Restructured external program support
- Adjusted log format for virtual server
compatibility with WebTrends
- Many performance enhancements
Notes for Professional Alpha 8
- Discovered STL string heap corruption bug
- Fixed some SSI exec problems with arguments
- Reduced idle thread usage
Notes for Professional Alpha 7
- Fixed case-sensitivity to HTTP/1.1 non-IP
- Fixed virtual host matching logic
- Added Perl launching for SSI exec
- Revamped CGI launching and security
Notes for Professional Alpha 4
- Added HTTP/1.1 full parsing
- Added HTTP/1.1 non-IP virtual hosts
- Added HTTP/1.1 chunked transfer coding
- Fixed SSI path mapping and security problems
Notes for Professional Alpha 3
- Added user and directory security
- Added SSI #exec support
Notes for Professional Alpha 2
- Put master key security back in
- Added error template functionality
- Revamped Standard CGI calling to avoid
dumping of temporary files in NT.
Notes for Professional Alpha 1
- Ported to Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0
- NT incompatibilities were removed
- Added directory security
- Restructured configuration to allow multiple
OmniHTTPd Professional is built on top of the
OmniHTTPd code base.
Notes for Final Release 1.01
- Fixed connection closing code
- Removed splash screen
- Added option to reset configuration
Notes for Final Beta 1.0
- Fixed WinCGI bug of not sending the field
- Added trap to prevent execution under Windows
- Added splash screen
- Removed time expiration date
Notes for Beta 4
- Fixed the problem of invoking programs from
perl scripts. This was due to the incomplete
transcription of the environment when
standard CGI scripts are launched.
- Redirections now retain arguments and query
Notes for Beta 3
- Fixed the problem of mixed up CGI-BIN calls
when used simultaenously.
- Added master key for PUT and DELETE. You can
now use Netscape Gold to publish to an
OmniHTTPd web server.
- Fixed problem with running OmniHTTPd on the
Trumpet TCP/IP stack.
Notes for Beta 2
- A glitch in Beta 1 prevented Perl from being
launched. This is now fixed.
- A problem with the bounce site method of IP
resolution caused Beta 1A to GP fault upon
startup. This has been fixed.
Notes for Beta 1
- Support for one cookie per message is
- The admin program is now inside the server.
You can now change most server settings on
the fly without restarting the server.
- Dynamic IP resolution now works. We have
switched to the bounce site method which is
- Script and alias directories with spaces now
- Fixed the placement of the External Form data
file for WinCGI
- Access rights and HTTP UPLOAD have been
implemented in the code but have been
disabled for 1.0. Edit and Upload (Publish)
has been successfully tested with Netscape
Notes for Alpha 7
- An install program is now provided.
- Debug options added for CGI. The trace log
can now be used to track down problems with
- Fixed working directory launch. This should
solve some of the problems with Perl and
certain CGI scripts.
- Added Basic Authentication for scripts that
use it. File and directory rights were not
Notes for Alpha 6.
- Perl CGI Support (mostly a hack that is
- More CGI bug fixes
Notes for Alpha 5.
- Security fixup
- Added WinCGI Support
- Fixed CGI return entity processing
- Dynamic thread allocation now supports up to
- Local lookup for dynamic IP (especially for
Notes for Alpha 4.
- Added Server Side Includes
- Refined administration program
- A bundled CGI counter program
Notes for Alpha 3.
- The correct time bias is now written in the
- The previous versions did not report the
correct bias for those living east of GMT.
- Problems with spaces in filenames in
auto-indexing have been fixed.
- Experimental table support has been added for
- There is now a small web server statistics
"on-the-fly" page available.
- Simple access http://[your site]/~stats. This
will be elaborated upon for future releases.
- Many minor bug fixes.
Copyright © 2002 Omnicron Technologies Corporation